Dental Implants at ICDS
“After a long history of dental complication, resulting from a childhood accident. I finally have a permanent set of fixed implants that not only feel strong and correct in my mouth, they also look great, just like a fine set of healthy teeth.
Thank you to all the team for their hard work and dedication.”
Dan Cooper 2019 4 years post treatment
The most fashionable solution for the replacement of missing roots and teeth are the dental implant crown, known as an ‘implant’.
Ideal for the loss of individual teeth or an entire set, an implant enables the perfect restoration of the mouth to its natural look, feel and working function; perhaps even better than the original, bringing a new confidence, chewing ability and improved overall health.
Quality Dentistry = Long-Term + Sustainable + Good Value. (Rehabilitation is a Program)
Implants are the best alternative for:
- Missing or failing teeth
- Loose dentures
- Gums with infection that have caused failing teeth
- Implants can hold a single tooth or multiple teeth
Our expert clinicians implant a titanium post or the latest ceramic post into the old root site making a new artificial root. We then handcrafted a ceramic crown becoming replacement tooth, this is then attached to the implant by a screw or a cushioning cement.
With the Same-Day Treatment, the artificial implant root is only used on that day if the implant is properly supported by the bone on surgical placement. This results in minimal trauma to the tissue, creating the best long-term healthy outcome with maximum non-traumatised healthy capillary blood supply.
Patients coming to us for dental implants; will have a thorough treatment plan drawn up, with impressions taken alongside the necessary scans. Our state-of-the-art 3D imaging machine will guarantee absolute precision. How you feel as a patient is our absolute priority, so rest assured you are in the safest hands.
Our dedicated on-site laboratory has won many awards for creating crowns of natural appearance. Colour flows, depth and cracks are handcrafted into the design of your new porcelain teeth to include artificial gums, if it is needed.
We are proud to say the level of service and knowledge our integrated service provides is rare in the dental world. This is why dentists from across the UK refer their patients to us for implants, All-on-4 and complex cases, ensuring no headaches and long-lasting results from a choice of the best materials.
The skills of our leading Clinicians and Master Technician means you do not have to have gaps in your mouth; so no more false teeth or painful headaches and jaw tension. We are very often able to provide a level of treatment and outcome where previous dentists considered treatment not possible.
Reasons to have an Implant
- No more gaps, missing or compromised teeth
- Superior option to dentures as fixed and sturdy, creating a younger appearance with no movement or discomfort
- Alters your face shape if you are concerned, everything in the right place – jawbone and teeth, reducing the ageing effect
- Lost tissue can be re-contoured to reduce food-packing and increase aesthetics
- Bone loss in the jaw is halted and can be grafted back to full health if need be
- Eat food you may have avoided for years
- Teeth that can last a lifetime – figures show that 96% of implants remain while only 75% of natural teeth remain
- Smile, speak, laugh and eat with confidence
- The perfect match and fit for new crowns and missing roots, crafted by the only Vita-accredited Master Technician in the UK
- Enjoy socialising and eating out again
- Achieve natural-looking teeth and the smile you’ve always wanted
- Remaining teeth are untouched
- No plate in the roof of your mouth
- The strongest and longest-lasting restorations a dentist can offer
- Easy to maintain
Alternatives to Implants, not everyone can have them!
- Add on teeth to existing implants
- Add on teeth to existing crowns
- Removal solutions with minimal soft tissue coverage for easy cleaning
- Adhesive patented bridges that are placed onto your tissue and removed once a day for cleaning ( Maxi-Stick Bridge)
- Discrete removal Cobalt Chrome, artificial replacements that can be easily cleaned and help to save the spaces ,sharing the load amongst your existing teeth not looking artificial
Recommended Patient Journey for Diagnosis
- Decide on a comprehensive or single tooth diagnosis approach, as it can be as simple as an x-ray( recommend a Dental MOT)
- Diagnose how much bone and what quality bone you have remaining and how many teeth it is best to replace in that bone
- Decide on how best to harvest and save your bone without bone grafting prior to having a failing tooth extracted
- Then we calculate what load you will need to carry on your newly proposed tooth treatment using simple dental design principles
- Decide on a treatment program to stage your budget to achieve your chosen dental goal
- Recommended to have back teeth replaced first so carrying the working load away from your front teeth
- Lack of back tooth support will always need to be monitored more carefully as teeth can move and drop if they are left freestanding
- Plan the make of implants to best support your dental gaol, a key factor being long-term maintenance. Ceramic Implants (made from Zirconium oxide) and metal implants called Titanium implants they have advantages and disadvantages individual to your own biology
- We then discuss if you would rather be sedated for the treatment
- The amount of time you can invest into your treatment can influence your healing time, from Same-Day Treatments to long-term healing processes (up to 6 months for the implants to take into the bone properly), these all have advantages and disadvantages
- Our principle is to save existing teeth but rid your bone of all infections, in and around the site of implant placement